With so many events happening this weekend during Henderson’s Community Days, here are several tips to make this weekend more enjoyable for you and your family.
- Pre-register for events to save time and money. Events needing registration include the Main Street Parade, Adult Softball Tournament, Henderson Health Care 5K, Show & Shine Car Show, Glowball Golf, Heartland Indoor Volleyball tournament, Glow in the Park 1 Mile Fun Run, and Golf Tournament. It will be possible to participate in some of these events if you show up the day of the event, but it will be easier for everyone if you register ahead of time. For registration forms, visit www.HendersonNE.com/cdays or stop by the Chamber Office at City Hall.
- Take this official Community Days insert with you during the entire weekend. This way you will not miss any events and you will always know what is happening next. In addition to the copy in your Henderson News, you can pick up a Community Days insert at Henderson FoodMart, PERKS or City Hall.
- Don’t stress out if something is different than what is printed on the schedule. All events are subject to changes when you have to print the program months in advance, and mistakes or changes do occur when planning 30 activities with over 50 volunteers. We try to print correct times but last minute changes do occur. All changes will be up-to-date on our website at www.HendersonNE.com/cdays. One example is the Family Fishing event added on Sunday afternoon from 1-3:30pm at LakeView Park.
- In order to ensure your comfort and avoid standing for long periods of time, bring a lawn chair to events that last an hour or more. Longer events include Rock the Block, the Fireworks Show, and Community Church Service. The parade is also a longer event, so plan to sit in the shade along Main Street. Note the new parade route pictured.
- Be sure to wear bug spray and sunscreen during the weekend to prevent bug bites and sunburns.
- Make plans for where you will eat all weekend. From the Chamber BBQ to the pancake feed and various meals and snacks served on Saturday, you won’t go hungry this weekend. It is also recommended that you RSVP to PERKS if you plan to eat verenika on Sunday, so they don’t run out.
- Have your best experience at Rock the Block by bringing the right equipment. In order to keep kids of all ages safe, we are asking everyone to take that into consideration when planning what your kids will ride or drive. Small wheeled trikes, scooters, roller skates and rollerblade are recommended. We will be opening more of Main Street to allow for a “bikes only area” on the south end of the street.
- Add to the weekend fun by using #hendersonne or #heyhende when you post pictures and comments online. Your picture may even be featured on the Chamber website, www.HendersonNE.com or the Henderson, Nebraska Facebook page.
- Don’t miss the new events! We added several new events this year and most of them are free! Some of these events include Glowball Golf, an indoor volleyball tourney, egg drop contest, Glow in the Park, and the Teen Silent Disco.
- Get into the theme by glowing and wearing neon colors and have fun! With so many activities happening on July 12, 13, and 14, there will be plenty of fun things happening throughout the weekend.
Powered by Facebook Comments