With so many events happening this weekend during Henderson’s Community Days, there are several tips that you should know to make this weekend more enjoyable for you and your family.
- Pre-register for events to save time and money. Events needing registration include the Main Street Parade, Adult Softball Tournament, Community Days 5K & 1K, Show & Shine Car Show, and Golf Tournament. It will be possible to participate in some of these events if you show up the day of the event, but it will be easier for everyone if you register ahead of time. For registration forms, visit www.HendersonNE.com/cdays or stop by the Chamber Office at City Hall.
- Take this official Community Days insert with you during the entire weekend. This way you will not miss any events and you will always know what is happening next. Pick up a Community Days insert at Henderson FoodMart, PERKS or City Hall.
- Don’t stress out if something is different than what is printed on the schedule. All events are subject to changes when you have to print the program months in advance, and mistakes or changes do occur when planning 30 activities with over 50 volunteers. We try to print correct times, but last minute changes do occur
- In order to ensure your comfort and avoid standing for long periods of time, bring a lawn chair to events that last an hour or more. Longer events include the Daniel Christian concert during the Chamber BBQ, the Fireworks Show, and Community Church Service. The parade is also a longer event, so plan to sit in the shade along Main Street or in front of the school on Front Street to see all the action.
- Be sure to wear bug spray and sunscreen during the weekend and prevent bug bites and sunburns.
- Make plans for where you will eat all weekend. From the Chamber BBQ to the pancake feed and various meals and snacks served on Saturday, you won’t go hungry this weekend. It is also recommended that you RSVP to PERKS if you plan to eat verenika on Sunday so they don’t run out.
- Have your best experience at Rock the Block by bringing the right equipment. In order to keep kids of all ages safe, we are asking small wheeled trikes, scooters, roller skates, and rollerblades to the event. The only bikes that will be allowed are those with training wheels.
- Add to the weekend fun by using #hendersonne or #heyhende when you post pictures and comments online. Your picture may even be featured on the Chamber website, www.HendersonNE.com or the Henderson, Nebraska, Facebook page.
- Don’t miss the new events! We added several new events this year and most of them are free!
- Have fun! With so many activities happening on July 13, 14, and 15, there will be plenty of fun things happening throughout the weekend.
Powered by Facebook Comments