With so many events happening this weekend during Henderson’s Community Days, there are several tips that you should know to make this weekend more enjoyable for you and your family.
- Pre-register for events to save time and money. Events needing registration include the Main Street Parade, Adult Softball Tournament, HHCS Jr. Auxiliary Jaunt, Show & Shine Car Show, and Golf Tournament. It will be possible to participate in some of these events if you just show up the day of the event, but it will be easier for everyone if you register ahead of time. For registration forms, visit www.HendersonNE.com under the Community Days tab, or stop by the Chamber Office at City Hall.
- Take this official Community Days insert with you during the entire weekend. This way you will not miss any events and you will always know what is happening next.
- Don’t stress out if something is different than what is printed on the schedule. All events are subject to changes which you have to print the program months in advance and mistakes or changes do occur when planning 30 activities with over 50 volunteers. We try to print correct times but last minute changes do occur. For example: Instead of food vendors in the downtown park on Saturday, Henderson COOP will be serving hot dogs for FREE out of the south bays of their shop. Not interested in a hot dog? There are plenty of other options with a food stand at the Car Show, as well as PERKS and FoodMart being open for lunch.
- In order to ensure your comfort and avoid standing for long periods of time, bring a lawn chair to events that last an hour or more. Longer events include the Revival Band concert after the Chamber BBQ, the Fireworks Show, and Community Church Service. The parade is also a longer event, so plan to sit in the shade along Main Street or in front of the school on Front Street to see all the action.
- Be sure to wear bug spray and sunscreen during the weekend and prevent bug bites and sunburns.
- Make plans for where you will eat all weekend. From the Chamber BBQ to the pancake feed and various meals and snacks served on Saturday, you won’t go hungry this weekend.
- Find the perfect spot to watch the fireworks Saturday evening. With such a large show taking place at the south end of the LakeView Park, everyone will need to stay at least 600 feet away from the area where the fireworks will be lit. A perfect spot to sit is along the lake on the southeast corner of the lake.
- Add to the weekend fun by using #hendersonne or #heyhende when you post pictures and comments online. Your picture may even be featured on the Chamber website, www.HendersonNE.com or the Henderson, Nebraska Facebook page.
- Don’t miss the new events! We added several new events this year and most of them are free!
- Have Fun! With so many activities happening on July 14, 15, and 16, there will be plenty of fun things happening throughout the weekend.
Powered by Facebook Comments