Megan Burda â€“ York/Polk Extension Educator
4-H Grows True Leaders
Every child has the potential to be a true leader. However, kids today say they are missing experiences that grow the life skills they need â€“ skills like confidence, responsibility, independence and compassion. In 4-H, we believe in the power of young people, and want to provide them with opportunities needed to grow the skills they need to lead. We want to grow more True Leaders.
National 4-H Council is excited to launch theÂ Grow True LeadersÂ CampaignÂ to empower this generation of youth with encouragement and real opportunities to lead.
As the presidential elections spotlight the topic of leadership, we will give young people across the nation a forum to put their voices into positive action and to rally the nation in growing a generation of more true leaders.
TheÂ Grow True LeadersÂ Campaign will engage young people and rally the nation to provide more youth with hands-on, youth development experiences that are proven to grow life skills, where they can learn by doing, grow from failure, express their ideas and use their influence to drive positive outcomes.
TheÂ campaign will also provide a forum for adults to champion the positive in todayâ€™s youth, recognize more youth as true leaders, and support 4-H in providing more opportunities for youth to grow the skills they need to lead.
How You Can Support #TrueLeaders
Between now and June 30th, join us by shouting out a child in your life who positively impacts the lives of others through service, passion and courage. â€œSHOUT-OUT #TrueLeadersâ€ is a simple yet powerful way to leverage social media to recognize the kids who take responsibility in their lives and communities, who have the courage to try something new, and who never give up.
- VisitÂ www.4-H.org/TrueLeaders
- Rally with us by joining our #TrueLeadersÂ ThunderclapÂ to share a positive message celebrating the good things kids do
- Shout-Out using hashtag #TrueLeaders and #NE4H on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, sharing with others the great things kids are doing in your community
- Share “Shout Outsâ€ to Nebraska youth through social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) between April 11 â€“ June 30, 2016; be sure to include the #TrueLeaders and #NE4H hashtags in the posts, so they can be tracked by National 4-H Council
- The state with the most posts between April 11 – 23, 2016, will receive a special â€œshout outâ€ from a national celebrity, so be sure to use the #TrueLeaders AND the #NE4H hashtag in all posts!
Help more kids get the opportunities in life and the recognitionÂ they deserve. Join 4-H in shouting out True Leaders!
Source: 4-H Today, published by National 4-H Council on the National 4-H website; posted byÂ Kittrina Thompson.
National Food Entrepreneur Program Seminar
The University of Nebraska Food Processing Center is offering a one-day seminar for all individuals interested in exploring the idea of starting a food manufacturing business.Â Attend the â€œRecipe to Realityâ€ seminar which will be offered on June 11, 2016.Â Pre-registration is required and space is limited.Â Registration deadline is May 25, 2016. Contact Jill Gifford at 402-472-2819 or email@example.com for an information packet.
Science Saturdays at Raising Nebraska
Celebrate the International Year of the Pulse through Science Saturdays, a free and open to the public event for all, at Raising Nebraska located on the State Fairgrounds in Grand Island, NE.Â Science Saturday occurs the second Saturday of every month with the facility open from 10:00 to noon.Â The highlighted program consists of an educational, interactive and fun 25 minute session.Â Upcoming programs include:
- April 9th â€“ Classify your Pulse by Jim Schild
- May 14th â€“ Pollinator Power by Doug Golick
- June 11th â€“ Create a Backyard Habitat by Terri James & Elizabeth Killinger
- July 9th â€“ Selling your Beans designed by NE Extension Economists
Nebraska Mystery Foods Event
The Second Annual Nebraska Mystery Foods Event will be held on Friday, June 3rd at Raising Nebraska, located in Grand Island, NE.Â This event challenges teams of youth ages 10 to 18 to use their creativity, nutrition knowledge, and decision making to make a dish onsite which includes mystery ingredients.Â This event is open to all youth.Â More information will be coming soon!Â
Bring Your Group to Raising Nebraska!
Are you looking for an educational piece for your 4-H club or 4-H members?Â Then look no more!Â Raising Nebraska is the place for you!Â We have a variety of ways that you can enjoy and experience Raising Nebraska.
- A Program Just for You! â€“ Program includes a movie in the grain bin, scavenger hunt, and a feature program.Â Select from a program ready to go or ask about a specific topic you would like covered.Â
- A Private Tour â€“ Tour includes the history of Raising Nebraska, the educational take-away about the exhibits and exploration time.
We welcome your groupâ€™s business meeting in the space and then allowing us to be the educational component!Â Visit www.raisingnebraska.net or contact Beth (Phone: 308-385-3967; email: firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more and schedule your trip today!Â
Powered by Facebook Comments