The Holidays are over, but are you still feeling stressed, tired, and lacking energy? There may be a simple solution to help improve how you feel. Cutting sugar out of your daily diet can help eliminate that dragging feeling. It’s amazing how much sugar we consume each day. Start reading more labels and rethinking your grocery purchases.
Foods that contain added sugars include: soft drinks, candy, cakes, cookies, fruit drinks, dairy desserts and milk products (ice cream, sweetened yogurt and sweetened milk). Some of these foods contain up to or more than 10 teaspoons of sugar while our daily sugar intake should only be between 6 to 9 teaspoons. Stay away from added sugars by consuming fresh fruits, which will help your sugar cravings.
SUGAR EFFECT RED FLAGS!!!
· Sugar stimulates a physiological-reaction that promotes adrenalin and cortisol release. (Also known as STRESS!)
· Sugar impairs white blood cell function and creates oxidative stress on your body, therefore depleting your immune system. (This may explain why sometimes more people get sick during the holidays)
· Sugar decreases your appetite suppression hormone, leptin. (this causes you to eat too much before realizing you are full).
· Sugar promotes weight gain and fat storage.
· Sugar intake, over time, creates insulin resistance. (also known as Diabetes).
Start 2011 right and evaluate the sugar you consume each day and challenge yourself and a friend to have a SUGAR FAST! You might be amazed at how you feel and the results!
-From Contributor Tessa Siebert
Powered by Facebook Comments